Please review all tabs prior to registering for membership as you will be expected to uphold all membership definitions and requirements.
Being a member of Stilettos on Steel® has its benefits! Membership is offered in established chapters for $40.00 annually (due by the end of February of each calendar year). Membership includes:
+ One year national membership in Stilettos on Steel® - Female Riders Group
+ Member ID card
+ Member patch or annual member item
+ Website picture honoring your membership
+ Access to private Facebook group for networking in your state
+ Invitation to all SOS sponsored rides
+ Invitation to all SOS sponsored events
+ Invitation to all SOS participating rides and events
+ Participate in contests for prizes
+ Discounts at participating sponsors
+ Right to purchase and wear custom membership merchandise available in the online store
The Stilettos on Steel®, LLC website feature is how the public learns about who we are and can relate to us as women like them. By showing who we are we are able to prove that all women can operate a motorcycle.
Members interested in having their own web feature must submit a photo with their membership form or login to their account and upload. Photos must be of acceptable print quality (not small, grainy, or out of focus) and include the member and her motorcycle. No headshots.
The public will be able to view:
- You consider yourself a giving, caring, classy, and tactful woman who is comfortable with other women.
- You are looking for friendships with other women.
- You are willing to ride with "newbies". If you are a "newbie", you have completed a riding instruction course.
- You are a licensed rider or will become a licensed rider in your first year of membership.
- You love riding or the idea of riding a motorcycle.
- You understand Stilettos on Steel®, LLC is a social riding group, not a Motorcycle Club. Our members may buy merchandise displaying our logo to show that we belong to the same group, this is optional, and we do not refer to this merchandise as “our colors”.
- In addition to the above stated requirements, please refer to the Rules of Conduct.
By joining you agree to uphold these rules and promise to protect, respect, and be kind to all members. While we should try to stay young at heart, playful and childlike in tasting each day and experience as a new one, enjoy laughter and silly times with each other, we also should not act towards one another with immaturity, harsh criticism or lack of acceptance. We have different personalities, backgrounds and beliefs. Therefore, we should be unconditional with our respect and kindness.
If you witness or are yourself the target of verbal or physical abuse, gossip, or hear judgmental remarks based on race, sexual orientation, or any personal attacks by another member of Stilettos on Steel®, you should report it to the President (email: Anne@stilettosonsteel.com) directly. If the issue cannot be resolved with the offender, they will be asked to leave the group and will lose Stilettos on Steel® membership privileges, including but not limited to: rides, events, Facebook group membership, and website member profile.
We do not encourage drinking and have a "zero tolerance" policy for illegal drugs during Stilettos on Steel® events. We expect that you will be respectful and responsible for your safety and the safety of others. We reserve the right to terminate membership if safety standards are not upheld.
Membership Dues are $40.00. New and renewing members will be processed, connected with an officer, added to the private state Facebook group, and introduced on Facebook within 30 days. Membership packets are distributed year round and will be mailed within 30 days of receipt of membership payment unless your officer has made other arrangements.
We will not accept membership after September 1th for the current year. Annual membership periods run from October of the current year through December of the following year, i.e. October 2022 through December 2023. This allows members to enjoy the winter, non-riding months with their fellow Stilettos and get to know each other before riding off on new adventures.
Membership Dues will not be prorated.
Membership fees will not be refunded should you leave the group or if membership is terminated.
For all women interested in being involved in the group but not becoming a member, our Stilettos on Steel - Female Riders Group Facebook page is an open page to all. Public events are listed on our Events tab on the website. Private events are only available to members in the private Facebook groups.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Returning members who have not already created a profile will need their member ID to complete the registration process. Please type your member number as a 3-digit number (i.e. 003, 056, 113), unless you are assigned a member number higher than 1000, in which case you will enter a 4-digit number. You do not need to type all the leading 0's.
- All new and returning members will be creating a profile which can be used to log in to "My Account". My Account will be where you can update your personal information (change of address, phone number, emergency contact, etc.) and upload your photo for the Website Feature.
- Payments will be collected via credit or debit card through a service called Stripe which is embedded in the website. Registrants will not be redirected to another site or PayPal. If you wish to pay by check, click on “Pay by check” and a pop-up window for the payment slip screen will open to print off and mail with your check or money order.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email for your membership and a separate confirmation for your payment. The membership confirmation email will also provide you with the contact information for your RC and the state Facebook group link to join. Members are responsible for requesting to join the Facebook group.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Visit https://www.stilettosonsteel.com/join/
2. Profile Info section - personal email address, new password. (If you are an officer, enter your @stilettosonsteel.com email address in the "Alternate Email for Officers" box. This shows up on the website and membership registration confirmation email.) *If you do not have Facebook, enter "No Facebook" in the "Facebook Name" box.
3. Chapter & Bike Info section - From the drop-down menus, select your state, chapter and member type (member or officer). You will need your member ID# but you do not need to enter all the leading zeroes.
4. Agreement & Rules section - Type your name, check the "I am not a robot" box, and click on Submit.
5. Next, you will be taken to the payment screen. If you are paying with a card, enter your information and click submit. You will not be redirected to PayPal or another site. Payments are secured by Stripe and card information is not stored in the website. If you wish to pay by check, click on "Pay by check" at the top of the screen. A window will open with a payment slip to print off and mail with your check.
6. Registration confirmation: At this point, you will receive an email confirming your registration has been received. If you had originally decided to wait to make your payment, you can come back to make payment via card by using the link in the email to visit your account profile and make your payment from there.
7. Payment confirmation: If you paid by card, you will receive a separate payment confirmation email once the payment has been processed. If you selected to pay by check, you will receive a payment confirmation once your check has been received at the office. Please note, your profile on the website will not be active until your payment has been received. This means you will not be able to change any of your personal information or upload a picture for the Website Feature. This also means that your membership packet will not be mailed out until payment is received.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What if I don’t know my member ID #?
A. Ask your RC for help. The field is required and requires a numerical entry. If you enter a false number, it will not be able to be corrected, and you may have used someone else’s number.
Q. What if I don’t have a credit or debit card?
A. Select “Pay by check”, print the payment slip from the screen, and mail a check or money order to the address on the screen/slip.
Q. Why isn’t my state listed?
A. We’re sorry, we don’t currently have a chapter in your state. If you would be interested in learning how to start a chapter, please visit the New Chapter page and fill out the “Inquire About Starting a New Chapter” form.
Q. Why isn’t my chapter from last year listed?
A. Due to officer availability and growing needs of Stilettos on Steel, some chapters may change from year to year. Please select the one closest to you.
Q. I think I registered but the screen jumped. Did it work?
A. Some iPhone users have reported that the screen jumps when they clicked the box for “I am not a robot”. If you did not click on the purple button that says “Submit” then, no, your registration is not complete. Please click “Submit” and complete the payment process on the next screen.
Q. I need to change my name, address, phone number, birthday, bike, emergency contact, etc.
A. Click on "Member login" from any screen of the website and use the email address and password you registered with. Welcome to your dashboard! You can make any modifications to your contact information here. *If your dues have not been paid, you will not be able to change this information yet.
Q. How do I upload my photo?
A. Using the email address and password you registered with, log in to “My Account” from any screen of the website. You are now at your Dashboard. Click on “Photo” and follow the directions to upload a photo. You can use any layout of photo, it will be cropped to a square, but please make sure it is of you and your motorcycle, of good quality, and is in good taste (no alcohol, hand gestures, too revealing, etc).
Q. I uploaded a new photo but the old one still shows up.
A. Some users have reported this issue and there are 3 ways to fix it. 1) refresh your browser; 2) log out of your account and back in; 3) upload the new photo again. Sometimes the cookies need to be forced to update.
Q. I’m a new member. Who do I contact for information about the chapter I joined?
A. Welcome to Stilettos! You should have received a membership confirmation email after you registered which listed your RC’s name and email address. If you didn’t receive the email, you can log in to “My Account” from any page of the website using the email address and password you used to register with. On the home screen of your Dashboard, you should see a section that states “Chapter Officer(s)” with the name and email address of your RC.
Q. What if I don’t have Facebook?
A. While we highly encourage all members to have Facebook to interact with the network of Stilettos, we understand some people just prefer not to have it. If you put “I don’t have Facebook” or some other indicator in the “Facebook Name” box, your officer will know you don’t have Facebook and may be trying to reach you via email, call or text. If you haven’t heard from her, you can also email her at the email displayed on your “My Account” Dashboard on the website. As a member of Stilettos on Steel, you are welcome to attend any events listed on the website Events calendar. We hope to meet you soon!
Q. When will I receive my membership packet and patch?
A. Our goal this year is to have all membership packets and patches mailed out within 30 days after payment is received. If you have not received your packet and patch after 60 days, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not want you to miss out on receiving these.
Q. I’m a renewing member and I did not receive a member ID card in the 2019 packet.
A. Renewing members do not receive a membership ID every year. All 2017 members received the new credit card style ID in their 2017 packet. If you were not a member in 2017 but were a member a previous year, you will receive your new card in 2019. If you are a new member, you will receive a card.
Q. I lost my member ID card. How do I get a new one?
A. You can purchase a replacement card for $10 by emailing email@example.com.
Q. What are member ID cards used for?
A. Member ID cards are used for discounts at local participating businesses, monthly contest drawings, and other fun things we make up along the way.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Regional Coordinator for the Chapter you are interested in.